SubjectRE: Windows side agrees that lowmem corruption is a problem too
Date

>> It has to be painful to the vendors so they get complaints, reports and
>> support call costs. Otherwise they won't have the correct incentives to
>> fix their mess.
Notice that Windows 7 logs an event log entry when this is detected during sleep, even though they don't use the low meg at all.
> We have already functionally lost 64K on all existing machines... I
> think the current blacklist covers 90% or more of all systems in
> existence, and we keep filling in the few holes that remain.
Which was why I said it was too broad.

If you really mean to do it unconditionally, just do it unconditionally.

Yuhong Bao

  Last update: 2010-06-09 03:11    [W:0.046 / U:0.768 seconds]