SubjectRe: [LFS/VM TOPIC] Stable pages while IO (was Wrong DIF guard tag on ext2 write)
On Thu 03-06-10 19:09:52, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
> [Topic]
> How to not let pages change while in IO
>
> [Abstract]
> As seen in a long thread on the fsdvel scsi mailing lists. Lots of
> people have headaches and sleep less nights because individual pages
> can change while in IO and/or DMA. Though each one as slightly different
> needs, the mechanics look to be the same.
Hmm, I don't think it's really about "how to not let pages change" - that
is doable by using wait_on_page_writeback() in ->page_mkwrite and
->write_begin. I think the discussion is more about whether we should do it
or whether we should rechecksum and resubmit IO in case of checksum failure
as Nick proposed...

Honza

--
Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
SUSE Labs, CR

  Last update: 2010-06-04 18:27    [W:0.124 / U:0.464 seconds]