    SubjectRe: ARM defconfig files

    On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, Russell King wrote:
    > The problem comes with driver configuration, where you have to go
    > through lots of menus to find all the drivers for the platform/SoC.
    > That's the tedious bit, and more often than not it takes several
    > attempts to get everything that's necessary.

    It's often tedious for other cases too ("I just want to enable a
    particular driver, what do I need to do so?"), and I do agree with Daniel
    that the SAT solver approach sounds interesting as a way to solve some of
    the complexities.

    At the same time, "SAT solver" does scream "over-engineering failure" to
    me. We've had horribly bad experiences with over-engineering in that space
    before. Yes, I know about MiniSAT and that these things can be done
    without necessarily huge amounts of complex code, but these things tend to
    grow to huge monsters.

    Who knows.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-06-03 21:01    [W:0.021 / U:40.896 seconds]