SubjectRE: Linux* is not supported on the Intel(R) Desktop Board DP55KG - Kernel still hangs upon reboot.
Date

>>> btw this can be automated... just needs a DMI quirk.
>>> someone needs to get dmidecode output and add it to the existing
>>> table of reboot= quirks...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Arjan van de Ven Intel Open Source Technology Centre
>>
>> Note BTW that this is one of Intel's own motherboards!
>> In fact, I also have read about Intel's own DG45FC board having EHCI handoff trouble with Linux.
>>

> Yes, but the BIOS is probably not done by Intel.

Except that they are, and what frustrates me is that some of the Linux developers involved in working around these bugs work at Intel in the first place, the same vendor that makes the motherboards with the buggy BIOSes! For example, Arjan from Intel is CCed right there!

Yuhong Bao

  Last update: 2010-06-11 04:19    [W:0.070 / U:0.104 seconds]