SubjectRe: suspend blockers & Android integration
Hi!

> >> We started here because it's possibly the only api level change we have --
> >> almost everything else is driver or subarch type work or controversial but
> >> entirely self-contained (like the binder, which I would be shocked to see
> >> ever hit mainline). [...]
> >
> > So why arent those bits mainline? It's a 1000 times easier to get drivers and
> > small improvements and non-ABI changes upstream.
> >
> > After basically two years of growing your fork (and some attempts to get your
> > drivers into drivers/staging/ - from where they have meanwhile dropped out
> > again) you re-started with the worst possible thing to merge: a big and
> > difficult kernel feature affecting many subsystems. Why?
>
> Because a large number of our drivers depend on it.

The dependencies are trivial. Last time I checked, you had about
150KLoC drivers, with about 100 lines depending on wakelock support --
I know, I cleaned it up from staging.

The changes required for merging 150KLoC will be definitely much
bigger than 100 lines...

  Last update: 2010-06-10 16:01    [W:0.149 / U:0.156 seconds]