SubjectRe: [linux-pm] [RFC] lp_events: an lternitive to suspend blocker user mode and kernel API
From
2010/6/1 mark gross <640e9920@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 10:24:30PM -0700, Arve Hjønnevåg wrote:

>> > I just saw Alan Stern's proposal, and have gotten some input form some
>> > others.  I can't say my patch represents a better Idea than what Alan
>> > proposed.  However; what Alan (and Thomas) are talking about is
>> > effectively the same as the kenrel mode wakelock/suspend blocker thing,
>> > and although it reuses existing infrastructure, it doesn't solve the
>> > problem of needing overlapping blocking sections of code from ISR to
>> > user mode.
>> >

>> I don't think your solution solves this either.
>
> Why?  my proposal effectively removes the overlapping kernel blocking
> sections uppon wake up by forcing the user mode to ack the wake event
> and re-issue the suspend request explicitly.  That pretty much solves
> that problem.

How to you ack the wakeup event in a safe way. Another wakeup event
can come in after you decided to ack the last event. Also when the
user-space power manager reads that there was a wakeup event, how does
it know if the real event has been delivered to user-space, and if the
user-space code that consumed this event has had a chance to block
suspend?

--
Arve Hjønnevåg