SubjectRe: What computer do Linus and other prominent kernel developers have?
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 19:28:01 +0200
"Fred ." <eldmannen@gmail.com> wrote:

> What exact computer hardware components do Linus Torvalds have in his
> computer system?
> Also other prominent kernel developers like Alan Cox, etc.
>
> If want to buy same motherboard, CPU, GPU, HDD, etc.
>
> That way, I know there wont be any problems running Linux, because if
> I have that problem,
> then he will also have that problem.
> If he have that problem, he will surely fix it.

It's certainly generally true that the most common hardware is best
maintained - I wouldn't however try to clone my hardware setup - parts of
it are there *because* it doesn't work well in Linux !

Alan

  Last update: 2010-06-01 21:01    [W:0.058 / U:0.076 seconds]