    SubjectRe: [git pull request] ACPI patches for 2.6.34-rc6

    On Sat, 8 May 2010, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

    > To calrify, I think the approach in the Matthew's patch is correct, but since I have
    > some bad experience with that particular thing, I prefer to make that change in
    > 2.6.35 and then move on to drop the flag entirely.

    Oh,yes. I'm not suggesting we do it late in the -rc cycle.

    I just don't think the DMI table is a good idea, so in the longer run I
    wan tto get rid of it, rather than have it grow (by quite a few entries,
    in this case).

    There are valid reasons for DMI tables in many cases, but in this case I
    think the reason is simply that we do the wrong thing, so then we ended up
    with a DMI table to "fix" the wrong thing we do.

    Linus

      Last update: 2010-05-08 02:15    [W:0.020 / U:31.016 seconds]