    SubjectRe: [Pv-drivers] RFC: Network Plugin Architecture (NPA) for vmxnet3
    On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 10:52:53AM -0700, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
    > Let me put it bluntly. Any design that allows external code to run
    > in the kernel is not going to be accepted. Out of tree kernel modules are enough
    > of a pain already, why do you expect the developers to add another
    > interface.

    Exactly. Until our friends at VMware get this basic fact it's useless
    to continue arguing.

    Pankaj and Dmitry: you're fine to waste your time on this, but it's not
    going to go anywhere until you address that fundamental problem. The
    first thing you need to fix in your archicture is to integrate the VF
    function code into the kernel tree, and we can work from there.

    Please post patches doing this if you want to resume the discussion.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-05-06 22:23    [W:0.021 / U:1.096 seconds]