    SubjectRe: 2.6.34-rc6 pci bridge problems
    Date
    On Wednesday 05 May 2010 20:41:26 David H. Lynch Jr. wrote:
    > When I build out of the wireless-testing git tree (puled today)
    > 2.6.34-rc6 using my current systems .config I get a very quick error
    > on boot about PCI bridge windows.
    > googling the error indicates this is a know 2.6.34 problem and that
    > there are fixes in other 2.6.34 trees.
    > I have been unable to find the actual patches or I would just apply
    > them to wireless-testing.
    so? If there is already a patch available, then the linux-pci people
    have to know something about it. I'm sure they can help you out there.
    Just describe your problem in detail (a extensive checklist is located in
    your kernel's root directory "REPORTING-BUGS" file) as a reply to this mail.

    I simply can't give you any support for problems I know nothing about.
    So please, concentrate your questions around this particular device and
    interaction with firmware and driver. But as I said in my previous mail,
    you don't need a special kernel driver. *carlu* really is a userspace-only
    application that can communicate with the device (through the use of
    libusb) at the "lowest level". It may be even possible to port the code to
    other platforms (FreeBSD & Mac OS X, Windows) with little effort.

    Regards,
    Chr

      Last update: 2010-05-05 22:03    [W:0.022 / U:88.492 seconds]