    SubjectRe: [git pull] Input updates for 2.6.34-rc6
    On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:16, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Fri, 14 May 2010, Matthew Garrett wrote:
    >> I've done some experimentation under qemu. On ACPI systems, Windows will
    >> *only* touch the keyboard controller if there's a device with an
    >> appropriate PNP HID or CID and if _STA evaluates to 0x0b or 0x0f.
    >> Otherwise it'll simply ignore the hardware entirely. By the looks of it
    >> their keyboard probing is also somewhat different to ours, but that's
    >> probably another story.
    >
    > Well, I'd hate to lose the keyboard hotplug capability, but at the same
    > time, it _is_ 2010, and while I have personally used it historically, I
    > don't really foresee ever using it again.
    >
    > So we _could_ decide to just try it, and see if anybody screams. If nobody
    > does, that would be a very simple solution to the problem.

    i still actively use it on my linux router (normally headless and no
    input), as well as my main desktop from time to time :x. although
    "actively" might not be the correct term as i dont usually have to
    poke my linux router anymore ... it doesnt break very often anymore
    which means i dont plug in anything at all.
    -mike

      Last update: 2010-05-28 04:41    [W:0.019 / U:59.892 seconds]