SubjectRe: [git pull] Input updates for 2.6.34-rc6
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:16, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, 14 May 2010, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>> I've done some experimentation under qemu. On ACPI systems, Windows will
>> *only* touch the keyboard controller if there's a device with an
>> appropriate PNP HID or CID and if _STA evaluates to 0x0b or 0x0f.
>> Otherwise it'll simply ignore the hardware entirely. By the looks of it
>> their keyboard probing is also somewhat different to ours, but that's
>> probably another story.
>
> Well, I'd hate to lose the keyboard hotplug capability, but at the same
> time, it _is_ 2010, and while I have personally used it historically, I
> don't really foresee ever using it again.
>
> So we _could_ decide to just try it, and see if anybody screams. If nobody
> does, that would be a very simple solution to the problem.

i still actively use it on my linux router (normally headless and no
input), as well as my main desktop from time to time :x. although
"actively" might not be the correct term as i dont usually have to
poke my linux router anymore ... it doesnt break very often anymore
which means i dont plug in anything at all.
-mike

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans