SubjectRe: Clock jumps
On 27.05.2010 21:08, john stultz wrote:

Hi John,

> I'd be very interested in hearing more about the host side issue. So
> this happened with the same kernel that you were using before, with no
> trouble?

Correct.

> Could you also send dmesg output from this boot? And if you can find
> any older dmesg logs to compare with, send those too?

See http://users.birkenwald.de/~berni/temp/dmesg-lenny and
http://users.birkenwald.de/~berni/temp/dmesg-squeeze . Although running
on the same kernel binary the initrd changed greatly when upgrading, so
ordering/timing between those two is off.

Note that the dmesg output is captured right after boot. I think I
remember seeing a "TSC unstable" message pretty soon after boot, but I
might be mixing it up with my other AMD-based KVM server. I don't hold
normal (non-boot) logs that long, so I can't tell for sure.

If you need any more info feel free to contact me.

Bernhard

  Last update: 2010-05-28 00:03    [W:0.699 / U:0.376 seconds]