SubjectRe: Controlling Driver Load Order
> Anyway, I better understand the subsys_initcall now and applied that
> to the i2c-gpio and my i2c chip driver. That worked perfectly for my

With chip-driver you mean the PMIC? Yes, that is probably needed there, too.
Which driver is it?

> issue. I'd be happy to return a patch of this. Would be this the
> sort of thing that would benefit from a config option? Something

Nope, there is no bigger drawback to this and probably a number of useres
wouldn't know what to select here. Just patch the module_init() away.

Kind regards,

Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K. | Wolfram Sang |