SubjectRe: [Patch 1/1] x86 efi: Fill all reserved memmap entries if add_efi_memmap specified.

Yinghai Lu wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Mike Travis <travis@sgi.com> wrote:
>>
>> H. Peter Anvin wrote:

>>> I'm concerned about calling sanitize_e820_map() on e820_saved; it is
>>> supposed to reflect the raw data as reported by the source, and
>>> sanitizing it would corrupt that.
>>>
>>> -hpa
>> I wondered about that. Sanitize seems to remove adjacent
>> entries, etc. making the map smaller, but I couldn't detect
>> any real differences (though admittedly I didn't do a byte
>> by byte comparison.)
>>
>> But I'll submit another with that call removed.
>
> can you use updated boot loader instead?
>
> Also we should drop add_efi_memmap if possible.
>
> YH

I'm open for suggestions on how to improve this, but we are shipping
systems very soon and I don't think we'll get any other change into
the system until the next update.

Thanks,
Mike

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans