    SubjectRe: [Patch 1/1] x86 efi: Fill all reserved memmap entries if add_efi_memmap specified.

    Yinghai Lu wrote:
    > On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Mike Travis <travis@sgi.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> H. Peter Anvin wrote:

    >>> I'm concerned about calling sanitize_e820_map() on e820_saved; it is
    >>> supposed to reflect the raw data as reported by the source, and
    >>> sanitizing it would corrupt that.
    >>>
    >>> -hpa
    >> I wondered about that. Sanitize seems to remove adjacent
    >> entries, etc. making the map smaller, but I couldn't detect
    >> any real differences (though admittedly I didn't do a byte
    >> by byte comparison.)
    >>
    >> But I'll submit another with that call removed.
    >
    > can you use updated boot loader instead?
    >
    > Also we should drop add_efi_memmap if possible.
    >
    > YH

    I'm open for suggestions on how to improve this, but we are shipping
    systems very soon and I don't think we'll get any other change into
    the system until the next update.

    Thanks,
    Mike

      Last update: 2010-05-26 19:45    [W:0.027 / U:92.320 seconds]