SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] perf changes
On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 09:25:31PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> Please pull the latest perf-core-for-linus git tree from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git perf-core-for-linus
>
> Most of these changes are fixes and dead code removal, but
> also a set of optimizations and a series of tracing
> size-optimization bits that we kept pending because they
> conflicted with the previous push - and some TUI
> enhancements.

> Peter Zijlstra (16):
> perf/ftrace: Optimize perf/tracepoint interaction for single events
> perf: Optimize buffer placement by allocating buffers NUMA aware
> perf: Disallow mmap() on per-task inherited events
> perf: Optimize the perf_output() path by removing IRQ-disables
> perf: Optimize the hotpath by converting the perf output buffer to local_t
> perf: Optimize perf_output_*() by avoiding local_xchg()
> perf, trace: Optimize tracepoints by removing IRQ-disable from perf/tracepoint interaction

This commit breaks all non-x86 architectures by adding a reference to
regs->flags in generic code. I mentioned this on lkml (with cc to
Ingo and Peter), and Peter has a further patch that fixes the problem,
which isn't in this pull.

So Linus, please don't do this pull just yet, until we get this extra
patch merged.

Paul.

  Last update: 2010-05-25 02:25    [W:0.094 / U:3.932 seconds]