SubjectRe: bkl: Pushdowns for sound/oss ?
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 03:45:04PM +0200, John Kacur wrote:

> particular in:
> sound/oss/swarm_cs4297a.c

This one is specific to the Swarm, a MIPS-based platform indeed; I'll cc
Maciej Rozycki who most likely is the only person on the planet knowing the
technical details. I don't even recall touching that file so my (C)
header in there is a surprise :)

Stiching up the build problems in that file.

> sound/oss/msnd_pinnacle.c

Random weirdo ISA sound card. Probably only ever tested on x86 and will
have the chances

> sound/oss/sh_dac_audio.c

SH3 specific.

> sound/oss/vwsnd.c

Belongs to the x86-based first generation of SGI visual workstations.

> sound/oss/dmasound/dmasound_core.c
> sound/oss/dmasound/dmasound_core.c

Motorola 68k-specific. Adding 68k maintainers to cc list.

> when I noticed they were including asm files from mips. I went so far as
> to compile my own mips tool chain, but I wasn't able to compile the above.
> Being oss sound, I was wondering if these are still maintained or are
> marked for removal some time in the future.
>
> If there is merely a problem with my toolchain, then that can be fixed,
> but there is no point in wasting time with these if no-one uses them.

More a problem in not reading the research properly :)

Ralf

  Last update: 2010-05-21 16:45    [W:0.089 / U:0.844 seconds]