SubjectRe: kernel BUG in iwl-agn-rs.c:2076, WAS: iwlagn + some accesspoint == hardlock
On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 05:15 -0700, Nils Radtke wrote:
> #
> # To address (1), could you please run with attached debug patch and also
> # enable rate scaling debugging. That will be "modprobe iwlagn
> # debug=0x143fff).
> drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-rs.c: In function ‘rs_collect_tx_data’:
> drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-rs.c:364: error: ‘priv’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-rs.c:364: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-rs.c:364: error: for each function it appears in.)
>
> This happens when compiling w/ the patch applied cleanly against .33.3
> I'll try to fix it, then conduct the field test.

Sorry ... and thanks.

> For the latter, do
> you need the same kind of log as for the previous one?

The goal of this patch is to find the reason behind the error
"expected_tpt should have been calculated by now". From what I
understand you only encountered that in one of your tests, not all. Any
test you can run to reproduce that error will be welcome.

Thinking about your question more ... I believe your previous debug logs
were created with debug flag 0x43fff. For this iteration, please use
debug flag 0x143fff.

> # Regarding (2): This is a common issue in busy environments where AP
> # decides to deathenticate station after it does not receive an ack for
> # data sent after a few retries. Was this test done in busy environment?
> Both. This happens in busy environment as well as in an idle one. Can't tell
> yet whether there're more of those msgs in busy env. I start to feel against
> Cisco APs..

I don't know ... perhaps these APs have been set up to be strict wrt
delays.

> # Regarding (3): Seems like driver is getting a request to scan after a
> # request to remove interface. I am still inquiring about this.
> Probably due to me switching of via RF_KILLSWITCH. But anyway I assume this
> msg should not happen..

Absolutely. What are the exact steps you run when you encounter this
issue?

Reinette