SubjectRe: Strange read data corruption on ext4/LVM/md
On Thu, 20 May 2010 16:00:49 +0200
Pierre Ossman <pierre-list@ossman.eu> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 May 2010 12:22:27 +0200
> Pierre Ossman <pierre-list@ossman.eu> wrote:
>

> > I've since constructed a script that keeps re-running the above over
> > all relevant disks and keeps track of how many unique md5 values we
> > get. It's been running for about 1.5 hours right now, and here are the
> > results so far:
> >
> > sdd - 3, sde - 4, sdf - 1, sdb - 1, sdc - 1,
> >
> > sdd and sde are both on the same controller, so the problem you
> > mentioned could be relevant.
> >
> > I'll let the test run for a few more hours and try moving things off
> > that controller later tonight.
> >

> The trend continues and the numbers are now 9 and 8 for sdd and sde and
> 1 for the others.

Controller now taken out of the picture and I no longer see any errors
on either filesystem nor direct disk level.

I have a sil3132 of a different OEM brand here. I'll try that in that
pci-e slot next.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by FRA, a
Swedish intelligence agency. Make sure your server uses
encryption for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for
end-to-end encryption.

  Last update: 2010-05-20 18:31    [W:0.071 / U:0.604 seconds]