SubjectRe: [GIT] HID

On Wed, 19 May 2010, Jiri Kosina wrote:

> please pull from 'for-linus' branch from
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git for-linus
>
> to receive HID subsystem patches queued for 2.6.35 merge window.

This is just unbelievable SH*T:

config HID_ZYDACRON
tristate "Zydacron remote control support" if EMBEDDED
depends on USB_HID
default !EMBEDDED
---help---
Support for Zydacron remote control.

First it says "only ask if EMBEDDED", and then it says "default to Y if
not embedded".

Why? Why the hell did somebody decide that everybody and their pet dog
should get that totally uninteresting driver, whether they want it or not?

I realize that every single developer thinks that their driver is the most
important thing in the universe, but come on! This kind of thing is
totally inappropriate, and to make matters worse, it looks like there are
a few commits that won't even compile because the whole file wasn't even
added until later.

And this piece of shit was made _mandatory_?

Get a grip, people. I'm not pulling idiotic crap like this. Some quality
control before you ask me to pull, for chissake!

Linus

  Last update: 2010-05-20 18:25    [W:0.097 / U:0.624 seconds]