    SubjectRe: [git pull] Input updates for 2.6.34-rc6

    On Thu, 13 May 2010, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

    > But I guess because there are no devices plugged in ACPI they are "inactive"
    > and thus ACPI drop them. I was always wondered by ACPI did that. Len?

    Btw, even without actual physically plugging in the device, at least the
    really early KVM boxes used to basically just _physically_ switch between
    keyboard ports, and so using such a KVM switch is essentially also going
    to plug it in after boot time.

    Some slightly more fancier KVM devices (probably most of them by now - if
    you want auto-switching etc) have real electronics and actually emulate a
    keyboard, needed for computers that require a keyboard to even boot up
    ("Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue").

    But the hard-switching ones were at least at some point way more reliable:
    the "smart" ones would have trouble with any "fancy" features like
    scroll-wheels etc. Probably not an issue any more.

    Of course, these days few people use PS/2 keyboards any more, but it would
    still be a shame to break a perfectly reasonable setup.

    Linus

      Last update: 2010-05-13 23:27    [W:2.222 / U:0.220 seconds]