SubjectRe: DRM Error on Acer Aspire One
From
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 8:32 AM, Andrew Morton
<akpm@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2010 08:22:49 +1000
> Dave Airlie <airlied@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Yes.
>> >
>> > Acked-by: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
>> >

>> I'm not sure pushing this in at this point is a good idea, if I'm
>> reading it correctly we've no idea what KM_IRQ is being used for,
>
> It's used for taking kmaps from IRQ contexts.
>
>> and
>> this codepath is called from non-irq contexts just as much as irq
>> contexts.
>
> That's fine.  As long as we do a local_irq_disable(), KM_IRQ0 can be
> used from both irq- and non-irq contexts.  All we need to do is to
> ensure that some interrupt cannot come along on this CPU and corrupt
> the slot.

I don't think we do that in a lot of places, and I'd rather not add
that in to fix this problem at this point in the release cycle, as
we've no idea what it might break/regress.

Its easier to just disable the hangcheck copy and try again for 2.6.35
with a workqueue or slow work.

Dave