SubjectRe: [alsa-devel] USB transfer_buffer allocations on 64bit systems
> > > Either the data isn't getting written to the buffer correctly or else
> > > the buffer isn't getting sent to the device correctly. Can anybody
> > > suggest a means of determining which is the case?
> >
> > I can't say anything about this log that including only DMA addresses.
> > I'm not familiar with how the USB core does DMA stuff. And the USB
> > stack design that the USB core does DMA stuff (allocating, mappings,
> > etc) makes debugging DMA issues really difficult.
>
> The DMA stuff is simple enough in this case. The urb->transfer_buffer
> address is passed to dma_map_single(), and the DMA address it returns
> is stored in urb->transfer_dma. Those are the two values printed out
> by the debugging patch.

Is that address (urb->transfer_dma) the same as 'virt_to_phys(urb->transfer_buffer)'
(if not, then SWIOTLB is being utilized) and is the dma_sync_* done on the
urb->transfer_dma (to properly sync the data from the SWIOTLB to the
transfer_buffer) before you start using the urb->transfer_buffer?

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans