SubjectRe: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?
From
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@redhat.com> wrote:
> [1] Basically, a keycode (like KEY_POWER) could be used to wake up the machine. So, by
> associating some scancode to KEY_POWER via ir-core, the driver can program the hardware
> to wake up the machine with the corresponding scancode. I can't see a need for a change at
> ir-core to implement such behavior. Of course, some attributes at sysfs can be added
> to enable or disable this feature, and to control the associated logic, but we first
> need to implement the wakeup feature at the hardware driver, and then adding some logic
> at ir-core to add the non-hardware specific code there.

Really? Have you actually seen any hardware where a particular scan
code can be used to wake up the hardware? The only hardware I have
seen has the ability to unsuspend on arrival of IR traffic, but you
didn't have the granularity to dictate that it only wake up on
particular scancodes.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com

  Last update: 2010-04-09 23:57    [W:0.207 / U:0.680 seconds]