SubjectRe: 2.6.33: libata issues with VIA SATA/PATA controller
Date
Hi Jeff

Following up on my previous reply:

> Also, please try the latest 2.6.34-rc kernel, as that has several fixes
> for both pata_via and sata_via which did not make 2.6.33.

I was able to try this on the machine just before I left. Unfortunately
2.6.34-rc3 does not fix the problem - it behaves exactly like 2.6.33. In
terms of error messages, there is nothing more displayed beyond that which I
reported in the initial email except for this:

SStatus 113, SControl 300

As far as I can tell, that (plus the previously reported details) is all
that's printed by the kernel in connection with the failure.

I'll look into the alternative console methods to see if I can capture a
full output from the failing kernel. However, it will be at least two weeks
before I can do this because that's the earliest I'll be physically back at
the machine for an extended period of time (I could probably run quick tests
sooner).

Regards
jonathan

  Last update: 2010-04-09 13:17    [W:0.097 / U:1.844 seconds]