SubjectRe: hackbench regression due to commit 9dfc6e68bfe6e
From
From: Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 09:00:19 +0200

> If run individually, the tests results are more what we would expect
> (slow), but if machine runs the two set of process concurrently, each
> group runs much faster...

BTW, I just discovered (thanks to the function graph tracer, woo hoo!)
that loopback TCP packets get fully checksum validated on receive.

I'm trying to figure out why skb->ip_summed ends up being
CHECKSUM_NONE in tcp_v4_rcv() even though it gets set to
CHECKSUM_PARTIAL in tcp_sendmsg().

I wonder how much this accounts for some of the hackbench
oddities... and other regressions in loopback tests we've seen.
:-)

Just FYI...

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans