[lkml]   [2010]   [Apr]   [8]   [last100]   RSS Feed

SubjectRe: commit 9630bdd9 changes behavior of the poweroff - bug?
    On Wed 07-04-10 21:49:23, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > On Wednesday 07 April 2010, Michal Hocko wrote:
    > > Sorry for late reply, but I was AFK during holiday.
    > > On Fri 02-04-10 21:31:47, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > > > On Thursday 01 April 2010, Michal Hocko wrote:
    > > > > On Thu 01-04-10 14:45:35, Matthew Garrett wrote:
    > > > > > On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 03:39:23PM +0200, Michal Hocko wrote:
    > > > > > > Hi Rafael, Matthew,
    > > > > > > my laptop changed behavior during poweroff recently (after upgrading
    > > > > > > from .33 to .34-rc1). The system seems to be powered off (status display
    > > > > > > is off) at first glance but when I close the lid then I can hear a noise
    > > > > > > which sounds like HDD parking and when I open lid again it starts
    > > > > > > booting without poweroff button (same like when I suspend to RAM).
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Hm. At a guess, we're somehow managing to leave the lid GPE enabled at
    > > > > > poweroff. Can you send the output of the acpidump command?
    > > > >
    > > > > Sure, see attached.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.
    > > >
    > > > Please also send the contents of /proc/acpi/wakeup.
    > > See attached. I have checked both kernels (with and without reverted
    > > 9630bdd) and the output looks pretty much same. 2.6.34-rc3, however,
    > > looks different a bit, so I am attaching it as well.
    > Well, I fail to see the possible failure scenario, so let's first try a blind
    > shot.
    > Please check if this patch helps:
    > https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/86238/