    From: Frederic Weisbecker <>
    Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 08:57:04 +0200

    > It seems to happen after an unaligned access fixup.

    You shouldn't be getting the unaligned fixup in the first place,
    especially in the locations where you see them. I suspect that
    once you see first fixup, all of the registers in the cpu have
    been corrupted in one way or another.

    I suspect something fundamental gets corrupted, for example the
    current register window (%cwp) is corrupted and that screws up all of
    the registers so every single function starts accessing garbage.

    My suspicions lie in three places, the ftrace mcount()
    stubs, stack_trace_flush(), or the new perf_arch_save_caller_regs()
    since those are the three places offhand that could make
    us potentially make us return to function in the wrong
    register window.