    SubjectRe: [049/197] x86, amd: Get multi-node CPU info from NodeId MSR instead of PCI config space
    On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, Andreas Herrmann wrote:

    > > > 2.6.32-stable review patch. If anyone has any objections, please let us know.
    > >
    > > This patch is causing kernel panic on boot on Magny Cours CPU here
    > > (cpu family 16, model 9, stepping 1).
    > >
    > > Please see screenshot from the paniced kernel on
    > >
    > > http://www.jikos.cz/jikos/junk/screenshot.jpg
    > >
    > > (sorry for bad quality of this screenshot, it was captured only from the
    > > IPMI/HTTP console so far, I will try to grab something better tomorrow)
    > >
    > > Also this screenshot probably doesn't show the complete picture -- see the
    > > "end trace" marker on the very first line. I will try to have something
    > > better tomorrow, but maybe this rings bell for someone right away.
    >
    > This looks like a BIOS issue to me. Obviously this is a pre-production
    > test system where an old BIOS is installed. A BIOS update should fix
    > this issue for you.

    I can confirm that on different Magny Cours system (16/9/1) with a newer
    BIOS, the NodeID is provided correctly via MSR, and the issue doesn't
    trigger.

    Thanks,

    --
    Jiri Kosina
    SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.

      Last update: 2010-04-27 09:09    [W:0.021 / U:30.584 seconds]