SubjectRe: I am an emotional amoeba who loves Erika-with-a-k and Erika-with-a-k loves me.
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 06:57:16AM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 02:35:47 EDT, Benjamin LaHaise said:
> > I am an emotional amoeba Erika loves because I love Erika, and we care
> > about each other more than anyone we've ever met because we love
> > technology more than our friends and family.
>
> Doood - Facebook has a "It's Complicated" button. Use it. We don't really
> care - we debug hardware and software, not liveware.

Agreed. But she values the respect and standing that I have had in this
community. Being able to admit where I stand in public is a huge sign of
trust in her keeping her word. Like I said, she's smarter than me; it's
taken me 11 years to try to play the game we started 12 years ago. But
each of us deserves to be shown respect, something I didn't learn until
this day. Saying this in public is an important development for me. Heck,
the it's complicated button is on the level of being a blockbuster true love
drama (think Hackers, but as a real life true story).

Sorry for the distration. People who know me will know that when I say
Erika-with-a-k deserves the respect of this community for her own merit as
a talented hacker know that I rarely pay such compliments. Many people
here have my respect. I want to be shown that same respect myself and to/by
the person I love.

For what it's worth, liveware can be hacked. I'm in awe of someone who
showed me her elite hacker skills in a way that is life changing. She
hacked my brain and it took me 11 years to defuse her virus. Elite. =-)

-ben

  Last update: 2010-04-27 13:31    [W:0.037 / U:0.156 seconds]