Subjectath5k misbehaving affecting other kernel parts unrelated?
Date
Greetings!

Is it possible a faulty ath5k module to affect diverse parts of kernel causing
different oopses to happen referencing things as different as cdrom_ioctl,
find_vma, i915_gem_object_get_pages, get_vfs_caps_from_disk,
warn_slowpath_common (ath5k_tasklet_rx), proc_lookup_de and
_spin_lock(ext4_getattr) [soft lookup]?

The task in which such errors happen is capturing packets with kismet during
the night. The errors aren't easy to create, sometimes they've already
happened when I check the computer in the morning and sometimes they require
stirring up the computer a bit such as starting X.

I memtested the machine during 7h and no error was detected.

I've been trying different kernels but main one is 2.6.32-21-generic, Ubuntu
flavour, with linux-backports-modules-wireless-lucid-generic installed. I would
use 2.6.34-rc5 vanilla if shutdown and suspend worked ;)

As such:
a) is it "normal"? I thought modules were somewhat isolated these days.
b) any advices for debugging? I've yet to have two oopses that are similar....

Thank you in Advance,
--
Pedro

  Last update: 2010-04-23 09:09    [W:0.072 / U:0.048 seconds]