    SubjectRe: Upstream first policy

    On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Alan Cox wrote:
    > Quite untrue. I've actually *used* path based security systems (DEC10
    > ACLs) and for almost every case its brain-dead.
    > Imagine a world where this happened

    Alan, stop right there.

    You're making the same silly and incorrect mistake that Al did.

    Namely thinking that you have to have just one or the other.

    When you say "your /etc/passwd example is a special case", you are
    admitting that there are two different cases, but then after that, you
    still don't see the whole point I'm trying to make.

    Let me try again:

    That's the point. Just admit that, and then let the calm of "Ooh, there
    are different kinds of circumstances that may want different kinds of
    rules" permeate you.

    My whole (and only) argument is against the "only one way is correct"

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-03-08 20:21    [W:0.020 / U:7.812 seconds]