    SubjectRe: [git pull] drm request 3

    On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Dave Airlie wrote:
    > >
    > > if not then:
    > >

    > > That src rpm should be rebuildable on F12, I just removed the requires
    > > on F13 stuff.
    > Well, that wants the new kernel, but I can force it with --nodeps..
    > I'll reboot and test.

    Could this be done as a real F12 binary package (maybe call it
    "force-nouveau-0.0.16" or something) for testers to use? I had most of the
    X devel tools set up anyway since I used to build intel drivers from git
    for one of my experimental machines. And I guess most kernel devs can
    generally easily do the rpm build, but I'd hate to lose any more plain
    testers than I absolutely have to.

    And it would make it way easier for people to try out their kernel, notice
    that X doesn't work, and then let them know that something like a simple

    yum install force-nouveau-0.0.16

    makes it work. Compared to having them install X builds, do a "rpm -Uvh
    --nodeps" etc etc.

    Anyway, this at least makes me feel like I don't have to revert that
    commit just to be able to test current -git again. Thanks,

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-03-05 06:45    [W:0.025 / U:1.308 seconds]