SubjectRe: [git pull] drm request 3

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Dave Airlie wrote:
> >
> > if not then:
> >

> > That src rpm should be rebuildable on F12, I just removed the requires
> > on F13 stuff.
> Well, that wants the new kernel, but I can force it with --nodeps..
> I'll reboot and test.

Could this be done as a real F12 binary package (maybe call it
"force-nouveau-0.0.16" or something) for testers to use? I had most of the
X devel tools set up anyway since I used to build intel drivers from git
for one of my experimental machines. And I guess most kernel devs can
generally easily do the rpm build, but I'd hate to lose any more plain
testers than I absolutely have to.

And it would make it way easier for people to try out their kernel, notice
that X doesn't work, and then let them know that something like a simple

yum install force-nouveau-0.0.16

makes it work. Compared to having them install X builds, do a "rpm -Uvh
--nodeps" etc etc.

Anyway, this at least makes me feel like I don't have to revert that
commit just to be able to test current -git again. Thanks,