    SubjectRe: O_NONBLOCK is NOOP on block devices
    M vd S <> writes:

    >> > It isn't...
    >> Thanks for the reply. It's good to get confirmation that I am not all
    >> alone in an alternate non blocking universe. The linux man pages
    >> actually had me convinced O_NONBLOCK would actually keep a process
    >> from blocking on device io :-)
    > You're even less alone, I'm running into the same issue just now. But
    > I think I've found a way around it, see below.

    I guess I should note that I've suggested nonblocking I/O for files

    I'll also note that enabling such a patch broke apps that accessed cd
    burners, for example, since O_NONBLOCK had some preexisting semantics
    there that I fail to recall.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-03-05 17:05    [W:0.021 / U:18.752 seconds]