SubjectRe: Upstream first policy

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Kyle McMartin wrote:

> I recommend you don't look at Ubuntu, we might have a lot of extra
> crud[2] in the kernel if you do. :) (Actually, shockingly less than I
> thought, just apparmor, aufs, ndiswrapper are the obvious ones.)

Ok, so ndiswrapper falls under the "yeah, no" heading.

But apparmor was supposed to be on the "yeah, we'll merge it" path, I
talked to somebody about it not _that_ long ago. Some of the security
people object, but they object for all the wrong reasons and I really do
think that since it's getting used, we really should merge it.

Although there was _some_ noise about Ubuntu trying to move away from it..
But that may have been more of the whole FUD thing from the people who for
some unfathomable reason think that inodes are more important than
pathnames.

aufs I'll leave at Al's mercy.

Linus

  Last update: 2010-03-05 02:31    [W:0.174 / U:1.820 seconds]