SubjectRe: [git pull] drm request 3

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Is it really just nouveau? I've not looked, but I bet the intel driver and
> the radeon driver have _exactly_ the same "oh, I'm the wrong version, I
> will now kill myself" behavior.

Ok, I cloned the drm tree just to see, and it does seem like it's just
nouveau that does that whole thing. At least from a quick grep of
drmGetVersion() calls.

> I certainly seem to remember some similar issues with the intel driver
> long long ago.

.. but Jesse tells me that it's using feature masks etc, so maybe my
recollection is about unrelated issues.

So yeah, nouveau seems to "special". Although somebody already said that
if I'd have had a radeon, I'd have seen similar issues. Maybe the radeon
driver just doesn't check the version number, and fails in different ways.

Linus

  Last update: 2010-03-05 00:31    [W:0.433 / U:0.064 seconds]