SubjectRe: [git pull] drm request 3

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Jesse Barnes wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 10:36:55 -0800
> Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> > Yes Dave probably should have mentioned it in his pull request, but
> > that doesn't seem to be a good reason not to pull imo...
>
> And now I see Dave did mention this, so what gives. Guidance please.

Yeah, it's in the first one. My bad. I didn't notice, because that one got
cancelled for other reasons and never even tested.

That doesn't change the simple basic issue: how are people with Fedora-12
going to test any kernel out now? And are there libdrm versions that can
handle _both_ cases, so that people can bisect things? IOW, even if you
have a new libdrm, will it then work with the _old_ kernel too?

Backwards compatibility is really important.

Linus

  Last update: 2010-03-04 19:53    [W:0.113 / U:2.600 seconds]