Subject[git pull] more PCMCIA updates for 2.6.34 (including ioctl deprecation)

a few more PCMCIA patches for 2.6.34 are available in the git repository at:
git:// master

The diffstat and list of changes is below, the individual diffs are sent
(at least) to the linux-pcmcia list. This patchset includes one
controversial patch, titled:

pcmcia: disable pcmcia ioctl for !ARM, prepare for removal

Most notably, Russell King objects to it for reasons spelled out e.g. at . I suspect the platform he is referring
to actually does work with the PCMCIA ioctl disabled; Russell's offer from

"spend some time [...] working out what it requires from the ioctl
interface - maybe we can have a cut-down ioctl interface that bolts straight
on as an "add on" to the new controls without being too invasive, while
still allowing its PCMCIA bits to work."

hasn't lead to any result so far; he has indicated he won't get to spending
time on it soon. Because of the lack of progress in this regard, and for the
other reasons spelled out in the patch, I picked up Alan's suggestion to

"[...] push[ing] it. If it matters someone will then fix up the problem
platform. If it isn't pushed then it lets one obscure platform stall
progress for everyone else."

Please pull from that location insofar as you agree to continue with the
deprecation of the PCMCIA ioctl. Otherwise, I can prepare a branch
_without_ this controversial patch to pull from.

Dominik Brodowski (2):
pcmcia: CodingStyle fixes
pcmcia: disable pcmcia ioctl for !ARM, prepare for removal

Komuro (1):
pcmcia: remove irq_list parameter from pd6729

Manuel Lauss (1):
pcmcia: alchemy: fixup wrong comments

Michal Pecio (1):
yenta_socket: ENE CB712 CardBus bridge needs special treatment with Echo Audio Indigo soundcards

Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt | 12 +-
drivers/pcmcia/Kconfig | 14 +-
drivers/pcmcia/cardbus.c | 2 +-
drivers/pcmcia/cistpl.c | 1908 ++++++++++++++--------------
drivers/pcmcia/db1xxx_ss.c | 19 +-