    Subject[git pull] more PCMCIA updates for 2.6.34 (including ioctl deprecation)

    a few more PCMCIA patches for 2.6.34 are available in the git repository at:
    git:// master

    The diffstat and list of changes is below, the individual diffs are sent
    (at least) to the linux-pcmcia list. This patchset includes one
    controversial patch, titled:

    pcmcia: disable pcmcia ioctl for !ARM, prepare for removal

    Most notably, Russell King objects to it for reasons spelled out e.g. at . I suspect the platform he is referring
    to actually does work with the PCMCIA ioctl disabled; Russell's offer from

    "spend some time [...] working out what it requires from the ioctl
    interface - maybe we can have a cut-down ioctl interface that bolts straight
    on as an "add on" to the new controls without being too invasive, while
    still allowing its PCMCIA bits to work."

    hasn't lead to any result so far; he has indicated he won't get to spending
    time on it soon. Because of the lack of progress in this regard, and for the
    other reasons spelled out in the patch, I picked up Alan's suggestion to

    "[...] push[ing] it. If it matters someone will then fix up the problem
    platform. If it isn't pushed then it lets one obscure platform stall
    progress for everyone else."

    Please pull from that location insofar as you agree to continue with the
    deprecation of the PCMCIA ioctl. Otherwise, I can prepare a branch
    _without_ this controversial patch to pull from.

    Dominik Brodowski (2):
    pcmcia: CodingStyle fixes
    pcmcia: disable pcmcia ioctl for !ARM, prepare for removal

    Komuro (1):
    pcmcia: remove irq_list parameter from pd6729

    Manuel Lauss (1):
    pcmcia: alchemy: fixup wrong comments

    Michal Pecio (1):
    yenta_socket: ENE CB712 CardBus bridge needs special treatment with Echo Audio Indigo soundcards

    Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt | 12 +-
    drivers/pcmcia/Kconfig | 14 +-
    drivers/pcmcia/cardbus.c | 2 +-
    drivers/pcmcia/cistpl.c | 1908 ++++++++++++++--------------
    drivers/pcmcia/db1xxx_ss.c | 19 +-
    drivers/pcmcia/pd6729.c | 18 +-
    drivers/pcmcia/rsrc_mgr.c | 3 +-
    drivers/pcmcia/xxs1500_ss.c | 16 +-
    drivers/pcmcia/yenta_socket.c | 8 +-

      Last update: 2010-03-03 09:05    [W:0.034 / U:11.432 seconds]