    SubjectRe: what the patches do Re: [RFC 10/15] PM / Hibernate: user, implement user_ops reader
    Hi!

    > > > We're not dropping user space interfaces used by every distro I know of.

    Good.

    > > So what's your long term plan then?
    >
    > First, improve the in-kernel thing, second, switch people to it, _then_ remove
    > the s2disk interface (after we're reasonably sure it's not used by any major
    > distro) and _finally_ simplify things after it's been removed.

    I'd really prefer to keep s2disk interface. It allows advanced stuff
    like internet suspend resume (yep someone is doing it), crazy stuff
    like multiple resumes from same image for fast booting (yep, some
    embedded people are doing that) and might-be-useful stuff like
    s2both...
    Pavel

      Last update: 2010-03-25 22:29    [W:3.606 / U:0.356 seconds]