SubjectRe: [OT] Style Issues / Concerns
On 3/22/2010 4:13 PM, Andi Kleen wrote:
> James Kosin <jkosin@intcomgrp.com> writes:
>
>> Before everyone jumps in at once, this is a simple example that will
>> produce a compiler error about the misplaced else. However if there are
>> many if statements above this that may allow the else to be paired up
>> with it then the code will compile and there will be a serious and very
>> difficult bug in the code that will take days or months to find.
>>
> Modern editors with auto indent mode makes it actually very easy
> to find such bugs.
>
> Also checkpatch.pl checks for it now I believe.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Does this mean developers need to install X or some graphical
environment now to develop the kernel?
If so what options are available to those that don't want a graphical
environment to develop under?

Sorry if I'm old fashioned.

Thanks again,
James K.

  Last update: 2010-03-22 21:35    [W:0.049 / U:2.068 seconds]