    SubjectRe: [RFC] Unify KVM kernel-space and user-space code into a single project
    On 03/22/2010 09:20 PM, Joerg Roedel wrote:

    >> Why doesnt it solve the bisectability problem? The kernel repo is supposed to
    >> be bisectable so that problem would be solved.
    >>
    > Because Marcelo and Avi try to keep as close to upstream qemu as
    > possible. So the qemu repo is regularly merged in qemu-kvm and if you
    > want to bisect you may end up somewhere in the middle of the qemu
    > repository which has only very minimal kvm-support.
    > The problem here is that two qemu repositorys exist. But the current
    > effort of Anthony is directed to create a single qemu repository. But
    > thats not done overnight.

    It's in fact possible to bisect qemu-kvm.git. If you end up in
    qemu.git, do a 'git bisect skip'. If you end up in a merge, call the
    merge point A, bisect A^1..A^2, each time merging A^1 before compiling
    (the merge is always trivial due to the way we do it).

    Not fun, but it works. When we complete merging kvm integration into
    qemu.git, this problem will disappear.

      Last update: 2010-03-22 20:31    [W:4.127 / U:0.236 seconds]