    SubjectRe: [RFC] Unify KVM kernel-space and user-space code into a single project
    On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Ingo Molnar <> wrote:
    >> What about line number information?  And the source?  Into the kernel with
    >> them as well?
    > Sigh. Please read the _very first_ suggestion i made, which solves all that. I
    > rarely go into discussions without suggesting technical solutions - i'm not
    > interested in flaming, i'm interested in real solutions.
    > Here it is, repeated for the Nth time:
    > Allow a guest to (optionally) integrate its VFS namespace with the host side
    > as well. An example scheme would be:
    >   /guests/Fedora-G1/
    >   /guests/Fedora-G1/proc/
    >   /guests/Fedora-G1/usr/
    >   /guests/Fedora-G1/.../
    >   /guests/OpenSuse-G2/
    >   /guests/OpenSuse-G2/proc/
    >   /guests/OpenSuse-G2/usr/
    >   /guests/OpenSuse-G2/.../
    >  ( This feature would be configurable and would be default-off, to maintain
    >    the current status quo. )

    Heh, funny. That would also solve my number one gripe with
    virtualization these days: how to get files in and out of guests
    without having to install extra packages on the guest side and
    fiddling with mount points on every single guest image I want to play

      Last update: 2010-03-22 13:33    [W:0.027 / U:12.520 seconds]