SubjectRe: CrystalHD driver safe on big endian systems?
From
Hello Scott and others,

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:53 AM, Scott D. Davilla <davilla@4pi.com> wrote:

> <..> From what I've seen in code, it looks definite little endian based and would need
> a look over regarding byte swap.

What parts of the code assumes little endian from what you've seen?

Now, byte swap endianess is one thing, C bitfields in combination with
it, another. I have given it a first shot here (mailer unsuitable for
sending patches), still failed on PowerPC:
http://www.sidebranch.com/crystalhd/

May I suggest we instrument all register access functions with a
printk() of the register being written? Then I can compare little
endian access patterns with big endian, to be sure we get the
bitfields, code assumptions and byte swap correctly.

Regards,
--
Leon

  Last update: 2010-03-22 12:35    [W:0.037 / U:0.944 seconds]