    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] arch/microblaze fixes for 2.6.34-rc2
    From
    Grant,

    On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca> wrote:
    > On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:42 AM, Michal Simek <monstr@monstr.eu> wrote:
    >> Hi Linus,
    >>
    >> Please pull Microblaze changes to your tree. There is support for PCI and
    >> new DMA interface.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Michal
    >
    > Hi Michal.
    >
    > I'm really unimpressed that you've merged the cloned PCI support code
    > when we talked about merging the common powerpc & microblaze bits
    > /before/ pushing it up to mainline.  At the very least I would have
    > expected a reply back from you telling me that you disagree and that
    > you wanted to merge anyway.  I didn't even get a reply back form you
    > when I asked about why the PCI bits were in your linux-next branch.
    >
    > Now it needs to be merged in-place which is a lot more work.

    You should blame me for this one. There was nothing deliberate about
    it - I've been hassling Michal to get the DMA API upstream because
    there's other work that depends on it, and with everything else going
    on I plain forgot that his patchset included the PCI stuff that we
    were still discussing with you.

    Let me buy you a beer at ELC and you can berate me for it then!

    John