SubjectRe: [tip:x86/mm] x86, mm: NX protection for kernel data
From
On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Siarhei Liakh <sliakh.lkml@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> At this point I need some help and guidance on how to track down what
>>> exactly happens there, as I am not very familiar with what goes into
>>> .data and why are we trying to execute it.
>> Can't you add debug printk in the fault handler before any exception processing
>>
>> Something like that.
>
> That does not really give any additional information. The message does
> not show up in the output and the stack trace says that we are somehow
> ended up in doublefault_fn.

Forgot to add one more thing: it looks like fault on instruction
prefetch is already taken care of in fault handlers and should
generate an appropriate message. The way I interpret the fact that
doublefault_fn is the one that prints out a message, is that main
fault handler is somehow dependent on .data being executable.... (but
this is pure speculation on my part at this point)...

  Last update: 2010-03-02 19:05    [W:0.101 / U:0.952 seconds]