Afternoon Everyone,

I would like to go ahead and announce the general availability of SSL
support for a number of the services on! This should help
provide an additional level of security, in particular for our dynamic
content like the wiki's, patchwork and bugzilla.

The certificates have been very graciously donated and signed by Thawte,
and we at greatly appreciate their support of Open Source!
These signed certificates make it trivial for our users to make use of
this additional layer of security, and alleviates a large amount of
support effort that self-signed certificates would have incurred.

"Thawte is proud of its open source lineage. Providing free
certificates to community projects is just a small way of not
only supporting the community but returning the favor. Please
spread the word."

Services that are now by default using SSL:

* Bugzilla
* Wikis
* Account Requests
* Patchwork

These are using an HTTP redirect so you should need to do anything
for these to just work.

Services that have can optionally use SSL:

Just use https vs. http, there is no automatic redirection for these

Services that DO NOT offer SSL:

These machines move a large amount of data to a large number of
users and it would be difficult, and memory intensive, to provide
SSL for this service. I don't foresee enabling SSL for

* *.[us | [nl.|se.]eu | geo | all] dns entries
These would require too many distinct certificates to adequately
cover, and are generally not user facing. These still have
the SSL certificates available to them, but the address will not
match the CN in the certificate.

As always if you encounter problems, e-mail ftpadmin or catch us on IRC.
I've done a fair amount of testing of this on my own - but due to the
large number of possible clients it's impossible for me to have tested
this from every possible angle.

- - John 'Warthog9' Hawley
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -