SubjectRe: dma_sync_sg_for_cpu applied to a single scatterlist element

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:

> As James said, probably it works. As long as passed scatterlist
> elements points to mapped regions, it works.
>
> However, I think that the latest DMA-API.txt makes it clear that only
> dma_sync_single_for_{cpu|device} supports a partial sync. So it's not
> recommended, I guess.

What the documentation actually says about the dma_sync_* functions is:

All the parameters must be the same as those passed into the
single mapping API.

So it isn't clear that dma_sync_sg_for_cpu(dev, sg, 1, dir) can be used
on a mapping created by dma_map_sg(dev, sg, n, dir), and it isn't
clear that dma_sync_single_for_cpu() can be used on a mapping created
by dma_map_sg().

But if you guys say it will work, I'll go ahead and use
dma_sync_single_for_cpu().

Thanks,

Alan Stern

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans