    SubjectRe: Possible bug in insmod or the kernel?
    From
    have a look around kernel/params.c
    /* You can use " around spaces, but can't escape ". */
    /* Hyphens and underscores equivalent in parameter names. */
    static char *next_arg(char *args, char **param, char **val)

    Your printks are probably showing the single quotes? probably not what
    you want in your name