SubjectSquashFS on ARM9

Dear Philip et. al,

I am using 2.6.30.5 on an ARM9 with squashfs.

The squashFS image is built with x86_64 form of

mksquashfs version 4.1-CVS (2009/09/20)

a 64 bit linux program.

The image mounts into the 64 bit development system OK and I can read a
particular file. There are no problems on the development system, only
the ARM9.

When mounted on ARM9 with said kernel, I get a read error reading that
same particular file:

dmesg:

SQUASHFS error: zlib_inflate error, data probably corrupt
SQUASHFS error: squashfs_read_data failed to read block 0x50581
SQUASHFS error: Unable to read fragment cache entry [50581]
SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 50581, size b6f3
SQUASHFS error: Unable to read fragment cache entry [50581]
SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 50581, size b6f3
SQUASHFS error: Unable to read fragment cache entry [50581]
SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 50581, size b6f3

That image resides on a CF card mounted with loop on the target ARM9.
If I unmount the image, I can SSH copy it out off the flash back to the
development system and do a binary compare on it there against the
original and it is not corrupted. Remember that the orginal mounts fine
on the development system. I think this means that the CF card is not
corrupted.

Am I running into an alignment bug on the ARM9 or an endianess issue?
(ARM9 is lsbyte first as far as I thought, same as the x86_64 Ubuntu
Karmic development system.)

I checked the squashfs kernel block.c file against the latest mainline
and they agree.

Please offer help.

Thanks,

Dick

  Last update: 2010-02-07 02:05    [W:0.053 / U:0.412 seconds]