    Subjectlinux-next requiements (Was: Re: [tip:x86/ptrace] ptrace: Add support for generic PTRACE_GETREGSET/PTRACE_SETREGSET)
    Hi Ingo,

    On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:07:10 +0100 Ingo Molnar <> wrote:
    > I'll keep them in tip:master to get them tested, but note that i cannot push
    > any of these patches into linux-next until this is fixed, as linux-next
    > requires all architectures to build, with no regard to which architectures are
    > tested by kernel testers in practice.

    I merely expect people not to push known broken code into linux-next.
    linux-next breaks on all sorts of architectures all the time (check One of the reasons
    linux-next exists is so that all kernel developers don't have to build
    test on all architectures all the time. (And, yes, I know that linux-next
    doesn't build all architectures or all configs.)

    That being said, I will complain about breakages on some architectures
    more than others since they are in my personal builds (as opposed to the
    over night builds).

    That being said (:-)), I am sure that the PARISC guys would appreciate
    the original problem being fixed.
    Stephen Rothwell
      Last update: 2010-02-22 10:35    [W:0.030 / U:11.200 seconds]