    SubjectRe: [REGRESSION] "USB: use kfifo to buffer usb-generic serial writes" causes gobi_loader to hang
    On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Anssi Hannula wrote:

    > > > If I additionally insert a one-second delay before the fd is closed, I
    > > > get this usbmon log:
    > > >

    > > > The firmware upload is still unsuccessful.
    > >
    > > If I use the option driver instead of qcserial, the firmware upload is
    > > always successful (without any added delays needed). The usbmon log for
    > > that case can be found here:
    > >
    > I installed to get a usbmon log with qcserial before the regression
    > as well (without delays, upload successful):

    The major difference between the logs is in the way the data get
    divided up into packets. In both the successful logs, there are
    sequences of bulk-OUT packets with lengths like:

    44, 1, 15, 1, 13

    where the unsuccessful transfer just has a single packet of length 74.
    Also, the successful transfers show a lot of bulk-IN traffic where the
    unsuccessful transfer doesn't have any. I don't know if that is
    relevant, however.

    No other differences stand out.

    Alan Stern

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-02-22 16:31    [W:0.019 / U:17.300 seconds]