SubjectRe: [REGRESSION] "USB: use kfifo to buffer usb-generic serial writes" causes gobi_loader to hang
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Anssi Hannula wrote:

> > > If I additionally insert a one-second delay before the fd is closed, I
> > > get this usbmon log:
> > > http://stuff.onse.fi/gobi2000/gobi-regression5.mon.log
> > >
> > > The firmware upload is still unsuccessful.
> >
> > If I use the option driver instead of qcserial, the firmware upload is
> > always successful (without any added delays needed). The usbmon log for
> > that case can be found here:
> > http://stuff.onse.fi/gobi2000/gobi-regression6.mon.log
>
> I installed 2.6.31.12 to get a usbmon log with qcserial before the regression
> as well (without delays, upload successful):
> http://stuff.onse.fi/gobi2000/gobi-regression7.mon.log

The major difference between the logs is in the way the data get
divided up into packets. In both the successful logs, there are
sequences of bulk-OUT packets with lengths like:

44, 1, 15, 1, 13

where the unsuccessful transfer just has a single packet of length 74.
Also, the successful transfers show a lot of bulk-IN traffic where the
unsuccessful transfer doesn't have any. I don't know if that is
relevant, however.

No other differences stand out.

Alan Stern

  Last update: 2010-02-22 16:31    [W:0.083 / U:1.040 seconds]